Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MUSIC MONDAYS (moved to Tuesdays)

I apologize for my lack of posts containing "words" yesterday (I was originally going to use the term "content" but I couldn't remember writing anything that did), and I am going to rectify that today. I know several nations hang on every letter I display on a computer screen, so today I'm typing a lot of them. Like, maybe even a page.

To start things off, I might as well show you the Mountain Goats:


Finding the right video to display for this band was rather difficult. Their most known for their earlier, more lo-fi stuff (No Children), but some of their recent songs are just spectacular (New Zion). To make the choice harder, John Darnielle's voice changes tone depending on the beat of the song: faster, more upbeat songs like Sax Rohmer #1 have Darnielle's voice very nasally and straight-forward, while sadder, slower songs like Woke Up New will usually include Darnielle to sing softer and more melodiously.

I choose to show 'This Year' because the music video was so damn freaky.
Enjoy the uban folk guitar rhythm and spine tingling lyrics.

No comments: